Thursday, October 15, 2009

NEW LCD SOUNDSYSTEM - Bye, Bye Bayou (Alan Vega Cover)


Last week, LCD Soundsystem announced a new 12 inch single for Vinyl Saturday, which is a smaller scale Record Store Day (my personal favorite holiday). The single is a cover of an Alan Vega song. Alan Vega is 1/2 of the avant-garde pioneers Suicide. LCD Soundsystem frontman, James Murphy, references Suicide on their track "Losing My Edge" (see below for MP3). The song is classic LCD. It has a lot more of an elctro sound and features breathy vocals that remind me of the Sound of Silver opener "Get Innocuous!". Needless to say its a fantatsic song and their new album is easily my most anticipated release for next year.

LCD Soundsystem - Bye, Bye Bayou (Alan Vega Cover)

BONUS:
LCD Soundsystem - Losing My Edge
Suicide - Frankie Teardrop

No comments:

Post a Comment